Wednesday 7 January 2015

Jump blocks

Hi again!
I really don't know about you guys, but I have a need for jump blocks for my Schleich ponies. I have been wondering how to make them for an age, then today I had an idea. This is a quick How-to/tutorial on making them. In this post, I will be using Fimo clay. It is really clean and handy. It comes in a range of colours, or even special effects: granite, glow in the dark, translucent etc. It takes about 15 mins in the oven at 125degrees Celsius. The colours I use are irrelevant because I am going to paint them after, but you don't have to. So yeah, lets get started.

You will need:
  • 2 blocks of Fimo clay
  • A sharp tool
  • A round tool

1. Take your Fimo clay and unwrap the blocks. It is easiest with new blocks.

2. With your sharp tool, make some lines in it where the pictures show.

3. Use your round tool (I am just using the handle of my sharp tool) to press on the lines so you get inward curves for the poles to rest.

4. Pop them in the oven for 15 mins at 125degrees. When you take them out, they will probably still be slightly squishy. This is normal, they harden as they cool, so don't put them back in or they will burn.


And yeah, that's about it! Next just paint them whatever colour you want. I couldn't resist a few photos before I painted them, so here you are. Enjoy!

Storm trotting calmly to the upright....

 
Oliver just needs something a bit bigger....
 
 
Errrm...... something doesn't look quite right.....
 
 
That's better.... Izzie and Bella safely to the other side!
 
 
That's all folks! ;D
Hope you enjoyed this and found it helpful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment